There are some special paints used to paint on ceramics and glazes objects, or cooked, as porcelain, earthenware, stoneware and glazed tiles. Modern paintings, once the object has been painted, can be set in home ovens, and even microwave. This fixer allows them to be washed by hand later, but should not be used to contain food, since they have not been fixed with professional furnaces.
Pablo Picasso and Chagall painting on ceramics.
Furnaces and fixed of the painting on ceramics objects
In the home oven, the objects must be heated for 30 to 40 minutes at about 150 ° -160 ° C. Then we turned off the oven, but leave the objects to cool inside, to prevent breakage by the sudden change in temperature.
A saggar is a ceramic, boxlike container used in the firing of pottery to enclose or protect ware in kilns.
A saggar called Microwave is sold and used to melt small ceramic objects. With Microwave saggars we can heat the painted object with 720-800 ° C in the microwave. Never with uncooked paste of ceramics because it will explode.
Before baking the pieces, we must heat the Microwave saggar one or two minutes, and then baking. We must wait that the materials are cool at least ten minutes.
How to paint with porcelain paints
Technique with ceramic fat
- Porcelain pieces
- A saggar
- Ceramic fat
Step by step to paint with the ceramic fats and to use the Microwave saggar
- First we clean the ceramic object so that is free of dust.
- Then we design on the object with the ceramics fats paintings. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Heat the Microwave saggar in the microwave for one minute. Put inside the ceramic and baked for 5 minutes at maximum temperature.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes and then remove the piece from the saggar.
Step by step how to decorate with paints a porcelain dish
Materials: Masking Fluid, ceramic paints, sponges, cotton cloth, rubber brush, home oven, alcohol.
- The plate is cleaned with an alcohol swab.
- Make a design with the masker fluid so that it covers the forms of design to be color book. You can use a brush to refine and correct forms.
- Let it dry completely. Then the color is applied with sponges, around the plate.
- Once everything is dry, dry the masker fluid is removed from a corner, slowly stretching and removing the remaining debris.
- Finally, you get the dish in the oven at 150 ° C for half an hour.
Painting on ceramics provides another expression to the work, because the qualities of this material. Many painters have also tried to translate theis style in ceramic objects, into shaped bottles, glasses, cups and plates. Are famous the ceramic works made by Chagall and Picasso.
Share this theme with your friends!